I had fallen into the abyss of a sinus infection.  Between the infection itself and the medications that I was on to fight it, I was exhausted and in a haze, unable to think clearly or formulate a coherent thought.  My computer time in the last week has been spent checking email, on Facebook, and playing Latte Land at CafeMom (very addicting — thanks, KK, for getting me hooked).  All of these computer venues don’t require me to be able to think outside of my foggy realm.  I have kicked up wordpress a few times, meaning to write something and then just end up staring blankly at the screen.  Anyway, today I will attempt to play catch-up and post about the last week…

  • Last Friday — went to doctor and was diagnosed with a pretty bad sinus infection. 
  • Saturday — Olivia and I went to the Farmer’s Market to pick up some sweet corn and ended up bringing home a bouquet of flowers, too.  Christian went on a field trip with Brian to Menard’s (but refused to use the bathroom with him — boy, was he ever doing the “potty dance” by the time they got home!).  Brian went fishing with his Dad in the evening while the kids and I kicked it at home and I worked on “cleaning” the house.
  • Sunday — We went to church and had a family gathering (my side) at our house for lunch.  It was a lovely day.  Beautiful weather.  My grandmother was even able to come along.  My brothers and their families were here.  Olivia LOVED playing with her cousins.  (My sister couldn’t make it as her family lives way down in the Southwest.)  Anyway, it was lovely.  I just had to make sure that I didn’t sit down for too long as I was really ready to just curl up and take a nap.
  • Monday (Labor Day) — Christian had 2 hours of therapy in the morning.  When Brian got home for lunch, we headed over to the big city park where a group was sponsoring free kiddie rides in the afternoon.  We got tickets to ride the little train.  Christian was pretty nervous, but once we got going he was OK.  (He did bury his head in my armpit for awhile, though.)  After the ride we played on the playground for a bit and then Brian had to get back for the evening milking. 
  • Tuesday — was back to school.  Christian wasn’t overly happy about that until I got him on the bus.  Then he was fine.  Olivia and I spent the morning trying to make some chocolate chip cookies for Christian.  Christian’s therapy schedule changed at the last minute in the afternoon, so our new therapist, CS, was on his own for the first time.  He did great.  🙂  Christian, however, took one look at the cookies that I slaved over and attempted to crumble it up.  Sigh.
  • Wednesday — Olivia had story time at the library.  She’s old enough now that she could attend by myself, but she hid on my lap the whole time instead.  (She is so loud and overbearing at home, but the minute we step out in public (or are around people she doesn’t know), she will not say a word.)  I sent a cookie to school with Christian and he also crumbled it there — how can he tell the difference so easily???  I will give the rest to Olivia.  Christian was totally avoiding his therapists — running away anytime they sat down next to him.  I caught my nail-biter, Olivia, chewing her toenails.  (Wow!  What flexibility, but eww!)  My hubby wrote a song for me based on one of my favorite Bible verses — Matthew 7:25.  Yay for my wonderful husband!  🙂
  • Thursday — Olivia and I grocery shopped in the morning and searched for a yummy cake.  Christian had his first shift with his former respite worker, now therapist, PS, after not seeing her for 3 months.  (She helps her parents during the summer who live in another state.)  It took Christian the whole 2-hour shift to start warming back up to her.  (He spent most of the time avoiding her today.)  Christian then immediately jumped into therapy with CS & PW, which seemed to go very well.  I ran into town while they were here to grab supper.  Burritos for me & Brian, McDonald’s for the kids.  Yum!  Delicious cake for dessert (with Brian’s parents).  It was a very nice day.  I have been very blessed, although I don’t feel any older than I did yesterday.  😉

I guess that catches me up.  I’m still feeling very tired.  Some of that is still from the infection, the meds, and the fact that Christian spent 3+ hours up in the night (and being another year older).  Perhaps a nap will be in order today.  😉  Christian’s therapy team has a meeting here this afternoon, so I am curious to hear what will be discussed especially after the big, frustrating news we were informed of early this week.  Perhaps a trip to a coffee shop will be in order today, too.  🙂